KTA Employee Benefits Association
One of the many benefits a KTA membership provides is the opportunity to participate in the Anthem – KTA Group Employee Benefits Program. Employers whose primary line of business is Thoroughbred related are eligible to take advantage of the program. This Association Program has been in existence for over 30 years and is providing Group Employee Benefits’ coverage to over 175 Kentucky Domiciled employers. These employers represent approximately 3,400 covered lives, joined together to take advantage of larger group pricing.
If you are a member and would like to obtain more information or a proposal for the KTA Group Employee Benefits Program, please contact Jeff Truitt at 859-255-9455 or Jeff@bimgroup.us
The management of the KTA Employee Benefit Association is a partnership between the KTA Insurance Committee, Bim Group, Administrative Services Group (ASG), Anthem Blue Cross / Blue Shield and the KTA’s independent actuary.
- The KTA’s independent actuary generates the renewals, not the insurance carrier.
- KTA utilizes the Anthem National Blue Access PPO Network. This is one of the best and largest National Networks in the country, offering Blue Cross / Blue Shield doctors and hospitals in each state as in-network providers.
- Cobra Administration, Section 125 Plan Document preparation, ERISA required Summary Plan Description (SPD),
- Consolidated Billing and Employee Navigator’s online Benefits Administration system (must have 20 enrolled in medical plan) are provided by ASG at no additional cost.
The association recently transitioned to a partially self-funded Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (MEWA) certified by the KY Department of Insurance. By transitioning to the new MEWA Association, KTA reduced the medical plan’s administrative cost by 32%, saving employers over $830,000 annually.
- KTA’s Specialty Pharmacy partner helps those members taking Specialty Medications to obtain them at little to no cost, for those that qualify.
- KTA pays for a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for ALL employees, not just those on a medical plan. This service is available 24 / 7 / 365 days a year and provides one-on-one counseling by phone, in-person or on-line. Example of services provided include coping with addiction, finding childcare, financial and legal consultation, and ID recovery.
- The KTA program offers both employer paid and/or voluntary Life, Dental, Vision, and Disability (Short and Long Term) insurance plans from Anthem, Delta Dental, and The Standard.