The KTA/KTOB has many membership programs and benefits that will be of great value to you as a Thoroughbred owner, breeder, trainer, or associate member.
As Kentucky’s number two agriculture cash crop and the number one tourist attraction in Kentucky, the health and welfare of the Thoroughbred industry has a tremendous economic impact on the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
We are committed to long-term solutions that will enable us to protect and promote the Thoroughbred industry. We strive to increase our influence on issues that impact our industry locally, nationally and internationally.
We hope you will join the KTA/KTOB in enhancing, promoting protecting, and publicizing the Kentucky Thoroughbred Industry.
- Owner and/or Breeder: A person who is licensed as an owner in Kentucky and owns more than a nominal interest in one or more Thoroughbred horses that are actively engaged in racing in Kentucky or who owns more than a nominal interest in a corporation or other entity which owns one or more Thoroughbred horses actively engaged in racing in Kentucky.
Annual Membership – $100
- Trainer: A person who is licensed as a trainer in Kentucky and has one or more Thoroughbred horses under his direct supervision and control for racing purposes in Kentucky.
Annual Membership – $10
- Associate (non-voting)
Annual Membership – $200
Join or Renew By Check
Mail in with check payment
Join or Renew Online
Payment via Visa or MasterCard
Reasons to be a member
- Unite owners, breeders, and trainers to promote the Kentucky Thoroughbred industry
Locally / Nationally / Internationally
- Stay aware of legislative matter – nationally, statewide, and locally
Newsclips and updates from the American Horse Council and Frankfort
- Keep abreast of key issues regarding horse health and welfare
Animal Health / Environmental
- Make yourself eligible for group advantages and savings
Insurance Plans / Equipment Purchasing
- Be aware of racetrack issues
Racetrack Contracts / Simulcasting
- Stay current on medication information
Industry Studies / Rules and Regulations
- Be on top of tax and economic news
Capital Gains / Depreciation / Market Trends
As a KTA/KTOB member, there are many benefits available. Discounts on hotel and car rentals, access to group health plans such as Anthem’s Blue Cross, attractive rates through new insurance partner Liberty Mutual, and other services.
- KTOB Certificates and Julep Cups
As a KTA/KTOB member, if you breed a Kentucky-bred horse that wins a listed and/or black type stakes winner(s) during your membership year, you will receive a KTOB certificate. Additionally, if those horses won a graded stakes you will also receive a KTOB julep commemorating their accomplishment.
- Hotel Discounts
We have partnered with hotels in Lexington, Georgetown and Louisville to offer discounts to our members.
- Car Rental Discounts
As a member of the KTA/KTOB, you are entitled to automobile rental discounts.
- Personal Insurance Coverage Discount
Partnering with Liberty Mutual, our members and their employees can receive discounted rates for personal insurance coverage. Liberty Mutual offers automobile, motorcycle, homeowner, condominium, renters and personal catastrophe insurance.
If you are currently a member and have questions regarding this specific benefit, please contact Joey Doom at 859-286-8269 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Association Insurance Program
One of the many benefits a KTA membership provides is the opportunity to take participate in the Anthem Blue Cross BlueShield – KTA Association Program. Employers whose primary line of business is Thoroughbred related are eligible to take advantage of the program. This Association Program has been in existence for over 25 years with an average renewal increase of 6.12% over the past three years. Currently, it is helping over 175 Kentucky Domiciled employers, who represent 3,400 covered lives, join together to take advantage of larger group pricing.
The KTA Anthem program is not subject to the Affordable Care Act rating, which negatively impacts employers with 2-50 employees
Our program includes coverage options for Medical, Life, Dental, Vision and Disability
Premiums for all lines of coverage are processed on one monthly bill for your convenience
PPO National Blue Card Network, which offers in-network benefits to participating BC/BS providers in any state
*KTA Association Program is open for Kentucky domiciled employers contributing toward the cost of an employee’s coverage *
If you are a member and would like to obtain more information or a proposal for the KTA Association Insurance Program, please contact Jeff Truitt at 859-255-9455 or Jeff@bimgroup.us
If you are a KTA/KTOB member and have questions regarding any of your membership benefits, please contact at our office (859-381-1414) or use our Contact Us form online.